Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Walk Through Bethlehem 2008





Well, Bethlehem weekend is finally over. I don't think I will be coordinating the Nativity booth anymore. It was just entirely too stressful when it shouldn't have been. Why do people have to be so difficult to work with? As far as the babies, the weekend went great. All the babies did very well and we only had to use a doll for a few minutes the whole weekend. I had to take Ash to the doctor today and of course bumped one of the couples who was Mary and Joesph. Both them and Dr. Wade told me that just about every baby from the weekend has come in sick. I hate that, but the weather was crazy this weekend. Burning up Friday and Saturday and freezing Sunday. Ash just has bronchitis, but still I hate it when he is feeling horrible.

I threw on Gracie a costume to wonder around the city. She was amazed by the animals. She wanted to pet the camel, but he stuck out his tongue and it scared her. I knew she would be preoccupied if we toured the whole city, but she was in awe of watching the angel announce Jesus' birth and following the shepherds around to find baby Jesus. I really enjoy how our church helps people realize the true meaning of Christmas.


I forgot to post pictures from her recital. I didn't get very good pictures because of the two girls playing in front of her on stage. After the performance was over, she got camera shy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiden is PRECIOUS!! Does he have red hair?!! I love it! And Gracie was adorable in her ballet recital. I can't believe she's been taking ballet! That is just too sweet! We miss y'all and hope to see you soon.

Amanda Hayes said...

It does have a slight red tint. I really only shows up in pictures. Johnny has a bit of red tint in his hear.